Ilse's Reviews > The Hound of Rowan

The Hound of Rowan by Henry H. Neff

F 50x66
Apr 28, 10

bookshelves: currently-reading

I'm liking this book even though i just started. I have to say i'm not understanding every part of it, so i hope that as i keep reading on i will understand the plot and the way the book was written. I like the fact that its a mysterios book where you dont know what is going to happen.

This book is not my favorite but i do like it, i feel that it really describes the characters feelings and thoughts. I usually never read fantasy books because i never thought i would like them, but this book kind of does make me want to read it more and more. Max is alone at his house because his dad is on a buisness trip while he as at home waiting a woman knocks on the door to ask him a few questions about the tapestry he saw the day before. Soon max is feeling uncomfortable telling Mrs. Millin about what he saw so he tried to run away but the woman chased after him. He ran into a man that asked who was chasing him but when he looked up to see her she was gone. Max welcomed the man into his house and the man fed Max and told him he was the man he was expecting. This book is so much better than i thought it would be i guess i should read more fantasy now.

I'm really kind of liking this book more than i did when i first started it. I think the author tried making it more interesting more towards the end to show that thats how most books are. Right now I'm at the part where max is at Rowan and he is in the dining room where the chef scares all the children and is asked to apologize. I have a little more to go and than I'm done but I'm thinking this book will have a good ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hound of Rowan.