Louise's Reviews > Slave to Sensation

Apr 13, 10

liked it
bookshelves: urban-fantasy, romance, paranormal-romance
Read on April 13, 2010 — I own a copy

Good god, I should take off a star for the awful cover. It's like some cheesy ad for those sex pills you see at gas stations.

Trashy romance in the guise of a decent sci-fi/urban fantasy story. The Psy are Vulcan-esque people who locked away all emotion in favor for a more logic-based society. The Changelings are people who can shape-shift into animals and they're one with nature or what not. And then there are humans who aren't very interesting. Oh, and it's the year 2076 or something. The setting is vaguely sci-fi, but not full of flying space ships or paranoid robots.

The story goes by quickly, which is probably how I managed to read it in one sitting. It's definitely heavy in the hot and steamy romance part and I have to admit in the beginning it had kind of an ick factor because I kept thinking about furries, but thankfully, that passed. The leading male was way too alpha and cave-man like for my tastes, but I was curious enough about the other characters and the world of this series to keep reading.

There's also a mystery of a serial killer to solve, but it's easy to spot who did it from a mile away, so don't bother reading this if you want a solid mystery book. The only reason to read this is because you love delicious, trashy paranormal romance books, which I'm guilty of.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slave to Sensation.