Jamie's Reviews > Fudge-A-Mania

Fudge-A-Mania by Judy Blume

Jun 07, 10

bookshelves: books-i-read-2010
Read from April 13 to June 06, 2010

I first read this book in the 2nd or 3rd grade. I liked it so much I begged my parents to buy it for me and they did. That is saying something, because back then we didn't have a lot of money for extras.
Anyway, my point is, I really liked this book as a kid, and so I decided to revisit it as an adult to see if it's just as funny as I remembered. I have to say, it definately still held a good deal of entertainment value for me. Yes, it is put in extremely simple and concise terms, as it's target audience is about 18 years younger than my current age. But many parts of the story still made me laugh out loud.
Farley Drexel Hatcher, A.K.A. "Fudge" is Peter Hatcher's little brother. He is 5 years old, and gets under Peter's nerves to no end. This is the 4th book in the "Fudge" series. In it, we follow Peter and Fudge's adventures in Maine. Peter's arch enemy, Sheila Tubman and her family, wind up sharing a house with Peter's family. This is a complete disaster to Peter, but really makes Fudge happy, as he announces he is going to marry Sheila at the start of the book. Hillarity ensues.
Highly recommended for 8-10 year olds, or, in my opinion, any adult looking for a light and entertaining read. Makes you feel like a kid again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fudge-A-Mania.

04/13/2010 page 20
12.5% "I read this book back in 3rd grade, and I remember it was really funny. I wanted to come back and read it as an adult."
04/22/2010 page 50
31.25% "Makes me laugh out loud...think I might read the rest of the Fudge books after I'm done"
05/04/2010 "cracks me up!!!"
show 1 hidden update…