DarienMoya's Reviews > Walk on the Wild Side

Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren

May 12, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read from May 06 to 09, 2010

The 5th book in the Others series, is going down as one of my faves in the series. What we know is that The Others, vampires, shifters, Fey etc; have made their come out to the human world. The storm has calmed down and humans are slowly coming to terms with that, they are things that go bump in the night. While this series has its ups and downs, this was definitely an up for me.

Kitty Sugarman is having a bad night. She gets hurt in a car wreck and all of a sudden she is standing on all fours. Where the heck the did the fur come from, and what is up with the paws. Seems her mom left something out about her biological father, he did not die. He lives in Las Vegas and yeh he’s an Other and he left a little surprise in her blood. Kitty is a Leo aka Lioness, and she can’t seem to wrap her brain around it. So she is off to get some lessons in all things Leo in good ole Sin city. What she gets is crazy half siblings and the sexiest man she has ever seen.

Second in command or baas of the pride Marcus Stuart is sent to retrieve the prodigal daughter of his Felix( leader of the pride). What he finds is someone trying to kill her, and this great Sheba looking lion taking up residence in the airport bathroom. He cannot believe the instant attraction he has to the women, must be her out there innocence and her deer caught in headlights look. He has an inkling that this woman might be his mate and only time will tell. See Kitty is about to inherit a fortune and someone wants her dead, its up to Max to keep her alive.

I loved Kitty, she was funny and sassy. I loved that she was her own individual woman, and she didn’t get diamond in her eyes when she found out just how wealthy she was going to be. This book had many villains for Kitty, and she handled them like a pro. Max was your typical alpha-male but with a personality. He was a delight and could be the strongest guy in the room and emotional when needed be. Together they just clicked, there’s a sexy little scene with them in their lion form. Mmmmm spicy.

Overall a sweet read with interesting characters, and some tame action scenes, but who cares when you have witty dialogue and sexy men. If you haven’t looked into this series then you might wanna check it out. Just some enjoyable PNR.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walk on the Wild Side.

05/07/2010 page 100
28.41% "I can never get enough of this series.I love the Others, and this book is wild. I am Lion hear me roar." 2 comments
05/08/2010 page 179
50.85% "This book might go down as being my second fave, in the series so far. Alrighty now I am off to party, I am hoping for some strong sizurp."
05/08/2010 page 227
64.49% "This one has got some serious biatches. I wanna go in and do a face off."

message 1: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Super review D
Yeah, yeah I know another series I HAVE to read. Damn

DarienMoya I know there are just so many, lol.
Thanks Buggy.

Rossy I wish i had time to do another re-read on this series. Fantastic review, Darien!

DarienMoya Thanks Rossy