DarienMoya's Reviews > First Drop of Crimson

Apr 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, vampires, rrrc-challenge-a-to-z-2011
Read from March 02 to 15, 2011

^^HEY SPADE, I AM WILLING TO SHOW YOU MY ACES!^^

I really enjoyed this continuation of the Night Huntress world, even though it lacked the charm of the previous series; it still brought quite an entertaining story.

We have the best-friends of Cat and Bones in this one. Good ole Denise and Spade, even though I barely tolerated Denise and I am all kinds of obsessed with Spade. We get a vampire versus demon clash, and the transformation of human Denise into something different.

Denise’s whole family is dying and it’s a little suspicious to Denise, being aware of the things that go bump in the night. It just too odd for healthy people to be dying of heart attacks and other natural causes and she has a sneaking suspicion that she is next. When a little girl comes a knocking at her door one night, and then transforms right before her eyes into a man. Seems all the things she feared becomes true, it seems she is a descendent of someone who made a deal with a demon, and he wants the whole family to pay up. Marked with demon marks, Denise has to go to the very things she’s been trying to keep away from, vampires. Being a part of their world has brought her nothing but pain, but it seems that depending on one vamp in particular might end up saving her life.

Spade is a master vampire, ruling over his people, until he gets a call from a woman, he’s been trying to forget, a very human woman. Relationship with humans always ends badly, and Spade knows this first-hand. He gets a call from Denise, and it becomes a job to keep her alive, while trying to avoid his lusty feelings in his pants. It becomes quite predictable actually.

Well I liked it, I really did enjoy Spade. He makes me want eat him alive and spit out his belt afterwards. For those who have read the Cat and Bones series, you will know Ian. He makes this book shine with the very little scenes he has, and I can’t wait to see the woman who lands him; GOOD LUCK GIRL.

THE COVER!! Seriously, what happened here? This is one creepy looking dude, and it no way does it resemble Spade. Spade is sex on legs; this cover guy is one look away from being a pervert or Bram Stokers Dracula (in other words un-sexy). Next time just throw some abs or a sexy back on there; you see we readers don’t really ask for much. If your aim was to not make people read the book, then you have SUCCESS!

So I enjoyed book, wanna do Spade and all that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Drop of Crimson.

03/02/2011 page 57
19.0% "So far, so good!"
03/04/2011 page 96
33.0% "Spade is a walking wet dream."
03/06/2011
45.0% "I would %*@k Spade in a heartbeat!" 5 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Roberta I'm with ya there! Think a lot of us would show Spade our Aces. ;)