DarienMoya's Reviews > Kiss of a Demon King

Nov 30, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, demon
Read from November 08 to 15, 2010, read count: 1

^^GOTTA LOVE DEMON KISSES!^^

My least favourite book, but still another solid instalment in this wonderful, erotic and edgy series. I was hoping for like the read of all reads for Rydstrom book, but I wasn’t overly impressed maybe I just expected too much for him because of the build-up and all the things involving him throughout the series.

THE RUNDOWN- Rydstrom is a king who lost his kingdom and is fighting hell and high-water to get it back. Problem, the person living in his castle and terrorizing his people is all but invincible, so that is proving problematic. Some very interesting news came around saying there is a sword that just might slay his nemesis; and he will be able to rule over his people once more. Ryd needs it bad, like a plant needs water in hottest dessert. On his way to obtain the sword, he is intercepted, captured and held prisoner by a crazed but very attractive woman. He is being held in the dungeons of his own bloody castle, talk about the effin nerve of this woman. Seems this is the Queen of Illusions and she just might be his woman. Go figure!

SABINE- Two words “crazy bitch” but you gotta love her. She knows that Rydstrom is her fated man, because it has been prophesized. All she has to do is get his vow that she will be queen and make a baby. Easier said than done, she desperately needs this so she can finally be free of her evil and creepy brother. Also, she very much wishes to stop dying and live peacefully with her sister. Laying with a demon is a sacrifice she just has to make, because everyone knows demons are the lowest. Well Sabine is about to be educated in sexy, horns, and the hottest male she has ever seen. This might not be so bad after all, if only he didn’t hate her so much.

RYDSTROM- This guy carries the world on his shoulders; if you saw him, you would see the world. He blames himself for everything; he is a little bit uptight, and very serious. When the opportunity to finally claim his birthright arises, he wants it bad. So the woman who is holding him captive he wants nothing more than to rip her pretty little head off. If the prophecy that she is claiming, is true by chance. Then this woman is his mate, his queen and he hates her guts. Yet his body wants her real bad, but he must not lose sight of what is important, his people and kingdom.

PLOT- I think it was the reawakening of two people, both facing very different obstacles. Through the foreplay, and adventure they both come to realize what it is they really want. Ryd has to get that sword and he has to fight for his woman, Sabine has to trust this demon and hope. It clearly was a look into this larger than life demon that so intrigued us, and his falling in love. Another is the budding relationship between Sabine and Ryd, let me tell you it is no easy road. I am pretty sure they wanted to murder each other at times, and things was just all the more difficult because they could never see eye to eye. Sabine can be exasperating.

FEELINGS- Not my fave but I still loved it, Sabine clearly is a little nuts but she was entertaining. I enjoyed Ryd and it was nice to see things from his point of view, I always thought he was a little bit of a bastard and needed to move and forgive his brother Cadeon. This book was very sexy, all the things these two got up to was epic. At some point, I was severely frustrated, I was like let each other cum already, and stop wasting time. I loved Sabine with the little demon boy I think those were some of her best moments, warmed my heart. I thought the ending was a little abrupt but I do appreciate there was no 100% turn over for both characters, Ryd is still uptight and Sabine is still just as selfish and nutty but she is getting there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of a Demon King.

11/08/2010 page 13
3.0% "I am like "WHAAAAAAT"!"
11/10/2010 page 50
12.0% "Man Sabine is irking me A Lot!"
11/12/2010 page 121
29.0% "So....... waiting for it to pick up. Plus I really need for Rydstrom to come, even I am frustrated!" 1 comment
11/13/2010 page 225
54.0% "And so it begins!!" 8 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Great review D, I had a hard time getting into this series, or staying with this series after the 1st book. Just too much going on and too many species/ world building to keep track of.

Its puking snow here but at least my powers finally on!

message 2: by DarienMoya (last edited Nov 25, 2010 08:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

DarienMoya Thanks Buggy! You should guve it another try because it one hell of a series. Plus you like your damged tortured heroes, this series has them a plenty.

Man its snowing there already. Its been raining a lot here.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Great review! I agree, Rydstrom was built up a lot in the previous books, but I kind of have a soft spot for the Demon King :P