DarienMoya's Reviews > Smooth Talking Stranger

Jun 07, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read from May 26 to 31, 2010

^^SMOOTHER THAN SILK!^^

If you haven’t read a Lisa Kleypas book then you need to get on that, her leading men are always so bloody awesome. All confidence, sexy swagger and mostly their personalities is borderline asshole, but you love it cus their imperfections make them drool worthy. Smooth Talking Stranger does not disappoint, I have come to expect awesome things from the Travis’s and Lisa delivers. I want to be wrapped around Jack Travis like smooth silk while he growls in my ears and I swoon and die, instead of behaving like a southern belle, I take him down like a back ally chick.

THE RUNDOWN- Ella Varner is your typical independent woman. She doesn’t believe in marriage and wants no children, she is in a relationship that doesn’t require too much and that’s the way she likes it. The sex is comfortable, life is comfortable and she feels safe in all that she knows. Well life is about to change for clueless Ella, when a phone call from mom, lands her with a baby and she has take all responsible for a new life. See Ella’s family is all about selfishness, mom believes she’s young and her life revolves around the men she dates, sister the rightful mother of the baby is the same, parties and good times is what she is all about. Through all this Ella is the rock, not responsible for the life of her sibling but she makes it her own , and comes in like super mom to feed and care for a baby. All this begins with a search to locate the father and this lands her in the arms of Jack Travis, he is like Ice Cold water underneath the Texas scorching sun.

ELLA- She sees people, and is not all about flash, coming from a pretty screwed up childhood, she is actually quite sane and caring. She writes for a magazine answering questions about love and life of women. Funny that Ella has trust issues and committing to anything is a long way off, so she feels like a fraud. Then the phone call and providing for her nephew leads to question as to what she wants out of life, and plus the involvement of notorious playboy Jack is making her think all kinds of crazy thoughts. Like love, marriage and kids, things she never wanted she now desperately craves, but fear of everything gets in the way.

JACK- Everyone sees him as the rich guy, women would kill to have him so when Ella walks in claiming that he is the father of the baby of her sister, warning bells go off. He can see the care in her eyes and realizes she is trying to right by the baby, and he has this urgency to do right by her. Jack image is all twisted in the media and that is the man Ella sees, but he is gonna do everything to prove how wrong she is. A woman like Ella is what he craves and he will work with her to the end to make sure she is happy.

PLOT- Well it’s a quest to find the father of the baby, and it’s a task that is proving to be very emotional for both Ella and Jack. Plus it’s a beautiful love story about two very different individual who both want the same thing, Love. They both have to fess up to what they want, and it’s a discovery about true self.

FEELINGS- This book was excellent, the chemistry between Jack and Ella was wonderfully written, even though a few months passed and love happened you can understand it. The circumstances in which they were thrust together would make anyone closer. I love Jack he has all the qualifications of a perfect man even with all his imperfections. He wasn’t a bastard like I always come to expect from Kleypas but I loved him anyways. Ella that chick annoyed me at times, not for reasons you would think. I wanted her to blow up and tell her mom and sister to go where the sun don’t shine and hit the drains where crap belongs. I hated those two women and kudos to the author for making them so believable in all their selfishness. The sex was hot, loved how Jack constantly wanted his woman, SEXY! Another winner by the Kleypas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smooth Talking Stranger.

05/27/2010 page 10
05/27/2010 page 72
21.18% "So many ways to love the Kleypas. she is a genius."
05/28/2010 page 126
37.06% "Still awesome, the Travis's rock."
05/30/2010 page 258
75.88% "Jack Travis is sex on legs. Plus talking is not the only thing his mouth is good at. I love him and want his illegitimate babies."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Miss Kim I loved Jack and this whole series!

DarienMoya Yep its a pretty awesome series, and all three dealth with some serious issues. Yet it still manages to be sexy and witty.

Lynsey A This one was my favorite of the series! And I think that Jack was the best hero out of all of them. I loved how he loved Ella. *sighs*

DarienMoya Yep he loved her good.

Miss Kim Kleypas turned up the steam in the final book, that's fo sho!

DarienMoya Does the little brother get a book, he deserves a book after the explosion and stuff.

Miss Kim I would have liked that too, but I remember reading somewhere that she had no plans his story. (Joe..?)

Lynsey A You're right, Kim. She's moving on to a new contemporary series. It's weird she's not writing a story about Joe. I sure would love to revisit Jack, Ella and Luke!