Dan Glover's Reviews > Quick Service

3120943
Oct 26, 10

bookshelves: fiction, humour
Read in April, 2010

Right off the cricket wicket, I need to say that I am an avid Wodehouse fan. In my admiration for his writing and the intense enjoyment I get from reading his works, I am in very good company. As always, I enjoyed this Wodehouse offering very much. In my opinion this book is not as funny as the Wooster & Jeeves stories or the Blandings Castle tales or even as some of his other one-off stories (like "Easy Money") but this ought not deter anyone from reading it however, since the Jeeves books are so funny they really are in a league of their own and are therefore an unfair standard to compare even other Wodehouse works to. I highly recommend this to any already committed fan of Wodehouse but warn again that this is not Jeeves and Wooster so don't expect it to be. It is not written in the foppish first person of Bertie Wooster but rather from the omnitient narrator's perspective. And for anyone new to Wodehouse, read this and some of the other stand-alone stories before jumping into the world of Blandings or especially of Jeeves and Wooster and you will only find your reading enjoyment escalating and your laughter multiplying as you move on to them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quick Service.