Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here

Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here by Christine Warren

2043222
Nov 18, 11

Read in November, 2010

With Christine Warren, you have to be careful you know which book you've got. Although this is new, it is also an older book re-worked that fits in around book 3, rather than as book 10.
This is the full-length novel version of her erotic short "Faer Fetched" from her "Fixed" series.
Since I haven't read that one, I'm not sure where the different parts are, but I have read a few of her "fixed" series, and let's just say that woman writes amazing erotica!

here is straight from her website: http://www.christinewarren.net/index....

Fantasy Fix (now expanded and retitled One Bite with a Stranger)
Fur Factor (now expanded and retitled Big, Bad Wolf)
Faer Fetched (now expanded and retitled Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here)
Fighting Faer (coming soon, date TBD)
Fur For All (coming soon, date TBD)
Fur Play (at Ellora’s Cave)
Wolf at the Door (St. Martin's Press)
She’s No Faerie Princess (SMP)
The Demon You Know (SMP)
Any Witch Way She Can (in the anthology No Rest for the Witches)
Howl at the Moon (SMP)
Walk on the Wild Side (SMP)
You’re So Vein (SMP)

Fantasy Fix - Reggie and Misha, now re-released as One Bite with a Stranger
Fur Factor — Missy and Graham, as Big, Bad Wolf
Faer Fetched — Danice and Mac
Fighting Faer — Corinne and Luc
Fur For All — Tess and Rafe
Fur Play — Logan (Graham’s former beta) and Honor

Okay, some of the confusion might be cleared up. :)

Moving on to the story. I liked it. I enjoyed Mac (a Private Investigator) so so much. I liked Danice, a strong multi-racial woman. she got picked by the senior partner to handle a paternity suit with his spoiled selfish brat of a granddaughter (like Paris Hilton but from Manhattan). The girl was telling tabloids that she was knocked up but refused to tell her grandpa who the man was. I won't spoil who, or any of the other cool twists, but I WILL say that Danice and Mac got stuck in Faerie together and it was both cool, and frustrating.

Mac is half-sidhe. His mother is the Unseelie King's mate (I use that term more as meaning consort). So the meetings with his mother were just off the chart in tension and frustration. See, she dumped him on his human daddy's doorstep when he was a toddler.

The only reason I marked this down from a 4 to a 3.5 is that Danice was one of those stubborn women who is way too intelligent to ignore the fact that she's in Faerie, and since Mac is half-fae, she ought to let him handle the talking. I realize she's the best attorney in NY, but come on, she's smart enough to know when to shut her mouth!

It was often. Mac would squeeze her hand and tell her to shut up, well no man tells Danice Carter to shut up! Then they are hauled off by the king's guard to a cell. grr...I hate intelligent heroines who act like that!

But plot-wise, great plot, I enjoy Christine Warren's writing, so good writing, and I love her Others world. while I'm glad that her erotica shorts are being made full-length, I'd love to see some newer ones, more in keeping with the timeline. I really enjoyed Born To Be Wild last Spring, but I think that this one fits more with what we know of Christine Warren's Others world.

A good read, with a strong heroine and a hot, intelligent, fae hero.

12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here.

11/02/2010 page 5
1.0% "I think this is an interracial book for anyone who looks for that in their pnr" 12 comments
11/02/2010 page 81
24.0% "Ookaay..I think this book takes place before the Others revealed themselves to humans, which even though it's book 9, really it's like book 3. I'll have to check CW's website for this." 29 comments
11/03/2010 page 336
100.0% "well I thoroughly enjoyed this one! hope to review it tomorrow :)"

message 1: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell I can't wait to see what you think about this book!!

LethalLovely~I'm Waiting & Fading & Floating Away Great review, Laurie! CW is usually a miss with me but it looks like this might actually be the first book I like by her. Well, unless Danice annoys me too much with her inability to STFU. More heroines should learn the art of STFU.

message 3: by Laura the Highland Hussy (last edited Nov 06, 2010 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura the Highland Hussy I know right!
I just loved how she was strong and capable, but in our world.
Once she got into Faerie, which even though she knew about vampires and shifters, the Fae were new to her, so wouldn't you think she'd shut it?
Other than that, though, I really did like the book.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Great review Laurie : )

Her books are a bit confusing, I don't get why she didn't rewrite them in order! I haven't read any of her erotica ones though I figure I will just wat till she re releases them so I don't confuse myself. I really want to read Rafe and Tess book though!

Laura the Highland Hussy It was good. But since it was a short one and an erotica, there wasn't as much conflict as I'd like in a pnr.
BUUUT it wasn't pnr, it was erotica.

(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes OOOh I want this one!

message 7: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell Awesome review Laurie!! I get annoyed with heroines or heroes who act too smart whenever they are in a different world too! :D

Laura the Highland Hussy thanks Ronyell :) I do too, she was too smart to act that idiotic. But it was still a great read

message 9: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell That's great to hear!!! :D

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Dec 27, 2010 10:38AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Unfortunately, I'm still confused. What is the exact reading order? I haven't read anything by this author, and based on this review, I'd love to start. But, as you know, I have to get book 1 in before Jan 1st, or I can't read it until 2012.

Great review!

Laura the Highland Hussy Lol, UM. One Bite with a stranger. Big Bad Wolf. Wolf At the Door.
I'm on my phone and as soon as I'm home, I'll post the rest of the reading order from my computer :)

message 12: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin Hello your hussiness. I went to B&N and found another book by Christine Warren called One Bite With A Stranger. It looked interesting, are you familiar with this one? Miss posting with you, hope you have been doing well