Nona's Reviews > The Emperor's Virgin

The Emperor's Virgin by Sylvia Fraser

Jun 15, 13

bookshelves: ancient-rome, historical-romance, on-my-book-shelves, to-read

Ok so I picked this up years ago as a impulsive buy and then later on looking at the cover art I wondered if I ever would actually read it. Well Two years after I bought The Emperor's Virgin I finally picked it up and flipped the cover and was not able to put it down til I finished it.

The story was filled with details of Rome and the life of the citizens of Rome. I loved the way the reader was introduced to the many different people and their social status as well as their history. I felt drawn to be angry with the Emperor then pity him with the turn of a page and cry in outrage at his actions on the next. Marcus was more a hero then any other I've read about, flawed yet perfect all in one and Cornelia was head strong and loyal and yet willing to give all for the one person that made her see herself not just as a Vestal Virgin but a woman of Rome.

I am so glad I picked this book up and read it though now I wonder why I hadn't read it sooner however I would love to read more of Sylvia Fraser!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emperor's Virgin.

06/15/2013 marked as: to-read