AJ's Reviews > Viva Vegan! 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers

Viva Vegan! 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food... by Terry Hope Romero

Nov 15, 14

bookshelves: nonfiction, 2010, 5-star, own, cookbook, vegan
Recommended for: vegans
Read on June 11, 2010

---------

I just ate my first few recipes from this book and HOLY MOLY I'm impressed. I wish this weren't a library book, because I'll be very sad to return it. (And I'm already trying my best not to get food smudges on the pages.)

This book gets docked half a star because of the layout. Some recipes go on over the fold, so you have to flip a page. That can be tricky business when you're up to your ears in mole sauce. And there aren't nearly enough photos, but maybe that's a good thing, as I'm less likely to drool over all of the pages.

As for the recipes I made, I did the annatto infused oil to make yellow rice, tempeh asado with a beer/lime/garlic marinade and corn tortillas with masa harina. Served with a bit of avocado and tomato, this was probably one of the best meals I've had in quite a long time.

For anybody looking to spice up their cuisine, I wholeheartedly recommend this book. The recipes are approachable, easy-to-follow, and well worth any and all effort.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viva Vegan! 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers.