Carla's Reviews > It's Not Summer Without You

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Jul 01, 11

bookshelves: forever-love
Read from April 27 to 28, 2010

To put it simply......I have a girl crush on Jenny Han. I really do. And yet I still can't describe the reasons why I love this series so very much. Jenny totally avoids the second books slump and delivers another painfully accurate portrayl of how it feels to be a teenager in a head vs heart dilemma, with the twist of the two boys being brothers. GASP! I love brother love drama!

I don't know how you can't read these books and NOT become so incredibly invested in what happens to these characters. From Belly who is immature and sometimes rather damn annoying. To Jeremiah who is lovely and quite simply one of the best friends a girl could wish for. To Conrad who is beautiful but needs a serious slap to the face. To Steven the annoying big brother who I LOVE so hard.

Jenny Han is amazingly talented. The storyline is one we have seen before and the pace of the story hits a few slow points, but with her writing ability and fully actualised characters, I was drawn into the book just as surely as I was with The Summer I Turned Pretty. And sexytimes? OMG PREPARE YOURSELVES!

This books is perfect for people who:

Love contemporary fiction with characters that are silly and flawed and amazing and unique.
Like it when love triangles are done right. SO right that you can't quite decide who YOU would pick.
Appreciate writing that packs an understated emotional punch.
Like hot boys. PLURAL. NOTICE THE PLURAL.
Like to laugh and smile, even through tears
Understand that not everyone is perfect and we should never ever expect them to be

In conclusion, I love this series. It's possibly one of my favourite contemporary series and I couldn't recommend it enough. If you haveb't read the first book then WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOOL?! Honestly, such an amazing additon to a series I love. Jenny Han you guys! She rocks! And I can tell we haven't seen the best of her yet and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

p.s also, if y'all have read it.......Conrad or Jeremiah and WHY?
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not Summer Without You.

04/27/2010 page 1
0.35% "*squeals incoherantly* Jenny Han = Love"