Darnell's Reviews > Seeing Me Naked

Seeing Me Naked by Liza Palmer

May 28, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: can-t-finish

I first heard Liza Palmer on a podcast and I was immediately drawn to her brash attitude and humor. She seemed down-to-earth, and I assumed that earnest world-weary wit would be reflected in her writing. I was severely let down by the completely uninteresting characters of SEEING ME NAKED, perhaps the blandest book with the most provocative title and cover I've seen. This amounts to lazy chick-lit, where the character is put-upon because she can't decide whether or not she was offered do a TV SHOW because of her culinary talents or if she's just living in the shadows of her rockstar novelist father and brother. Yeah, I can relate. She also whines because her boyhood crush is a WAR CORRESPONDENT who's too busy traveling the world in the shit to listen to her nonsense. She then falls for someone with Crayola Brown hair but thinks he's declasse because he's just a basketball coach...FOR UCLA!!! What will she do? Who will she choose? I couldn't care less because Liza Palmer struck me as someone who could do much stronger work than this inane novel.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeing Me Naked.

05/28/2010 page 161