Jan's Reviews > The Julius House

The Julius House by Charlaine Harris

Apr 12, 2010

liked it

Aurora (Roe) Teagarden marries the love of her life, Martin Bartell. As a wedding present. he gives her the house of her dreams, the Julius House. So what could go wrong? Well, just about everything. Roe knows that Martin is hiding something from his past, but loves him so much she is willing to wait for him to be ready to tell her. And the house, well, 3 people disappeared from it 6 years before, never to be heard from again. None of this really bothers Roe, but when Martin moves his friends Angel and Shelby into the garage apartment, she begins to wonder if all of Martin's issues are in the past. And since Roe can't resist a mystery, she can't help trying to find out what happened to the Julius family. Needless to say, nothing is as it seems and Roe finds herself knee deep in gators once again.

I found this book very enjoyable. One would think that a former librarian would be a bit more cautious than Roe but I have gotten to really like her. I love the way she just throws herself into things. I am looking forward to the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Julius House.