Heather's Reviews > Tempting Danger

Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks

Apr 13, 10

bookshelves: lupi-series, paranormal, 2010
Read from April 12 to 13, 2010

Rule Turner is the prince of the werewolf Molokai clan, and he's a suspect in a grisly murder. Lily Yu is the investigator on that murder case, and she soon learns that there is more going on than meets the eye. Rule discovers that Lily is his Chosen mate, but she doesn't know if she can trust him. However, since they can't be more than a few hundred feet away from each other without feeling dizzy, they must learn to work together to solve the mystery.

If you can get through the first third of the book, it's worth it! I found the beginning confusing because the story jumped into a world/situations that were unknown, and unexplained, to the reader. It felt very disjointed at first. However, we do learn more as the book goes on and everything starts coming together.

The romance takes a backseat to the murder mystery plot in this book, but I still loved the interactions between Rule and Lily. There were touching, funny and frustrating moments as they try to figure out how to deal with each other and their mate bond.

The action is fast-paced and kept me engaged to the end, trying to figure out who might be involved and what exactly they were chasing. Of course, not everything is resolved at the end, as the story line continues in book two, Mortal Danger.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting Danger.