Mike (the Paladin)'s Reviews > The Mediation of Christ

The Mediation of Christ by Thomas F. Torrance

Jan 24, 11

bookshelves: christian-theology, favorites
Read from May 13 to July 12, 2010

**************Rereading for a study and discussion**********************

"When I say "I believe" or "I have faith" I must correct myself and add' not I but Christ in me.'"

To try and review this book in a few paragraphs would be like showing you the world in a couple of photos. The mediation of Christ is what this short volume is about, but that can't possibly express the depth or volume of information, instruction, and inspiration within. That God's work is a whole, and that we in our sin and depravity have attempted to break it up, to divide it and in so doing have attacked God again and attempted in some ways (unknowingly) to crucify Christ to ourselves again..

Too theological? Sorry. I recommend this book. The split in the Church (including the schism between east and west, Christian and Jew...yes I said Christian and Jew, Old and New Testament) and the actual mediation of Christ are a subject for study and meditation for all Christians.

I believe that I may have gotten a percent or two of what there is here to get and will need in the future to reread and study this book. it is short, but extremely dense (and by that I mean a lot packed into a small space).

I have moved Torrance to my list of favorite writers, theologiens and (somewhat) appoligists.

Five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mediation of Christ.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anatoliy (new)

Anatoliy Obraztsov hm... did you read books about spirituality and meditation without religion?

Mike (the Paladin) Not for years. Meditation can calm and help but as a Christian I actually need to spend more time in meditation of Christ and relation. I suppose this could get into deep water, LOL. I became a Cristian many years ago (relatively speaking) after going a long way the other direction. :)