Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms)'s Reviews > Shadow of the Sun

Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer

Apr 26, 10

Read in April, 2010

I liked the idea and storyline of this book, but the characters just didn't do it for me. Gabriella was a good heroine and I liked Joseph and Aiden a lot. But although Andrew is the romantic interest in the story, he just constantly irritated me which is not the way I usually feel (or want to) about the romance in a book. He might be beautiful but he came across as just too sugary sweet. He was calling her sweetheart and darling almost from the beginning. It's probably me, but it just didn't work somehow.

I never really understood why Joseph was in the book or why he survived all the supernatural battles and danger. He and Gabriella had an attraction between them, but he was apparently perfectly happy watching her in Andrew's arms which is where she spent a lot of time. Joseph's role just didn't make sense. I did like the concept of the story although it seems like after centuries of imitating man's perception of angels that they would just refer to themselves immortals rather than angels....or that Gabrielle would.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of the Sun.