Eric Klee's Reviews > Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

Apr 12, 10

Read in April, 2010

CHELSEA CHELSEA BANG BANG is another great collection of stories from the hilarious Chelsea Handler. I brought it on vacation with me and enjoyed the light and easy poolside and beachside reading. I laughed out loud from her viewpoint of "Sex and the City" and many of her other quirky, sarcastic observations.

Chelsea is at her best when talking about the weird predicaments that she finds herself in, whether at work, in her social life, or with her family members. Her stories aren't as fun, though, when she's in her "Girls Behaving Badly" role of playing jokes on people. The funniest moments happen when strange things just happen to you. Case in point, Chelsea playing a trick on her boyfriend (Ted Harbert, president and CEO of the Comcast Entertainment Group). Pretending that she accidentally killed a friend's dog wasn't great; it was just okay, mainly because it was a set-up.

On the other hand, when she focuses on the idiosyncracies of her father in a couple of tales, it's more humorous because the situation is out of her control. However, I was disappointed that not once did she refer to her father as "b*tch t*ts" like she did in "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." I assumed that was her siblings' ongoing nickname for him...but maybe not?

Unfortunately, although a not-to-miss book for Chelsea fans, like her last book, I was waiting for a central theme to the stories to tie them all together. It never came, and neither did any background for the title of the book. I thought for sure it came from a wacky story, but maybe it's just an inside joke that us readers aren't in on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang.