Maliha's Reviews > Born in Ice

Born in Ice by Nora Roberts

Apr 11, 10

bookshelves: romance

Really not anticipating on reading the second novel of the Born In Trilogy, I found myself wondering just how the time jumped to 4am and I already half way through Born in Ice. Surprised at my inconsistency of taste, I enjoyably sped through Born in Ice although I didn't care much for Born in Fire, the first of the series starring Rogan Sweeny and Maggie Concannon.By no means a challenging and lofty piece of literature, Roberts uses the same template for Born in Ice as she did for Born in Fire. The main love duo consists of one half creative, abominably opposed to commitment type and other half prim, proper, marriage-wanting traditionalist. And then there's the typical happy ending of course that kind of triggers an alarm bell through those of us who tend to be realistic minded.

But what the hay, its fun to have literary flings, and this is just what Born in Ice is. Rogan Sweeny, the hero of Born in Fire, pales in comparison to Grayson Thane, the lively, complicated Yank writer that woos the overly calm Brianna Concannon. And the suspense of the break in, the mystery of of the investment deal, and the question of Gray's change of heart kept me hooked till the very last word, literally. Shocked at my own reactions, I actually felt real emotion for Brianna when Gray left her. And so Roberts proves to have a knack for pulling at your emotional heart strings. More over, the pace of the novel is enjoyable and flows better than the first book. The backdrop of Brianna's B&B provides a cozy comfortable image in the back of the reader's mind as you sail through the pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born in Ice.