Jenn's Reviews > Blood of the Demon

Blood of the Demon by Diana Rowland

Apr 27, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy

Great follow up to the first book in the series. I read this book in one sitting, immediately after finishing the first book. I really like the way the author is developing the regular characters in the book. The main love interest, Ryan, came off a little flat in the previous book but Rowland has done a good job of making him an intersting mystery.

I did find the story's main mystery a little easy to figure out especially when you consider her aunt's condition and how it related to the story. I also found Kara to be a little dense when it came to her relationship with Ryan. Granted, she's never had a relationship with anyone who knew that she was a summoner but still! (brisk slap to the face) WAKE UP GIRL!

I also like the way that the author has made Rhyzkahl a 'player' in this realm. It should add some enjoyable tension considering that he knows how Kara feels about Ryan and the fact that Ryan has some mysterious antagonistic relationship with everyone in the demon realm.

I get the feeling that the next installment will revolve around the 3-man task force that Kara is in with Ryan and his surfer boy partner. I hope it's a one time thing and that the series doesn't stray into a scooby mystery kind of thing. I like Kara in the PD.

Sooo looking forward to book three.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Demon.