Kelly's Reviews > Dear John

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

F_50x66
Apr 11, 10

bookshelves: fiction

** spoiler alert ** Before I start.. this is a Nicholas Sparks.. so I do not need to tell anyone that it ends somewhat sad.. Always read Sparks with some kleenex. But I think this maybe my favorite of his. Before I started I made sure that this solider did not die. With what is going on in my own life I could not read anything that close to home. But this book brought up issues that hit so close to home. The love story was great but unfortunately could not survive the sacrifices and hurdles that life had in store. I think of Mark and I own way of keeping close while he is in Iraq, how east it would be for us to drift apart. I realized with each R&R visit there are huge parts of Mark's life that I have no knowledge of and people that keep him alive or at least sane over there, I do not know there name or face. Meanwhile back home he tries to find a way back into my (our) daily life. But after all is said and done, John and Savannah know what was real and that their friendship and love will never be completely lost.
Although I have to say I love that John does the right thing at the end of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear John.