Morgan Saylor's Reviews > It's Kind of a Funny Story

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

Apr 11, 10

Read in January, 2004

This book was less than expected. I did the almighty no and judged a book by its cover. This book, It's Kind of a Funny Story, has a kind of really cool cover. The book, not as cool. The book tells the tale of Craig, fifteen, and clinically depressed. The pressures of school, and parents, and even friends leads Craig to check himself into a psychiatric hospital where a majority of the book takes place in his week's stay. He explores his mind and the characters around the halls of the hospital. He makes friends, and more than friends with one patient in particular. He begins to understand the world around him more differently than ever before. This book was a bit unrealistic to me. The characters seemed a bit thin, or something. To be honest, I thought this book was too cheesy, although many peers who had previously read it disagreed. The book is inspired by a similar situation experienced by the author, which I find interesting and a bit comforting, like maybe it isn't as unrealistic as I think. Again, I will say I was disappointed by this book though I would recommend you read it to see if you like it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Kind of a Funny Story.

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by Mac (new)

Mac Speed Good review I think. I'm not sure what were supposed to say here but alright....Good job?

message 5: by TIcalO (new)

TIcalO  The Prequel Sounds very interesting and inspiring

message 4: by Jatavia (new)

Jatavia Bell great review, i might just read this bbok from the information that you have gave

message 3: by Quinn (new)

Quinn O-k HONESTLY MORGAN, i liked this book.

message 2: by CARP (new)

CARP Nice review, I liked the honesty, doubt ill read it, but good job on the review.

message 1: by Ayoka (new)

Ayoka Shakir Thanks, Morgan!