Continuum's Reviews > Blaze of Memory

Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh

Apr 11, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, psychics

Blaze of Memory just had the right touch of wildness, vulnerability and strength to leave the most skeptical affected in ways you can't deny.

Nalini Singh books have that quality about them. To touch you bone deep. Crawl under your skin and refuse to make leave. It doesn't disappoint this time either. Of course, I do miss the sensual, possessive and sexy changelings and their ability to melt the ice in the hearts of the coldest Psy, but Katya's craving for touch and Dev's receding humanity won over my heart.

Blaze of Memory did not have as much action as some other books from Psy-Changeling series, but that does not mean it was a slow read. The compatibility between the leads, the new intriguing characters (some hopefully to get a book of their own), reappearing of the old couples (from previous books) and the expanding world made it a fascinating and fast pace read.

It was interesting and complicated though not confusing considering the quantity of secondary characters and all the different point of views. Still, I would recommend reading previous books if you haven't already. It would give an opportunity to better understand and appreciate an amazing world Nalini Singh has created. This time adding the story of the Forgotten (descendants of Psy who defected from the PsyNet when Silence was implemented creating their own ShadowNet) and their struggles.

Moreover, the story got me emotionally involved - something I always expect. Regretfully, experience not that often. This time however, it even had me in tears by the end of the read. Needless to say, it is a keeper. So if you had any doubts, don't.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blaze of Memory.