thebookbanshee's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Jul 24, 12

Read from March 31 to April 01, 2010

As you can tell from my review of The Iron King, I really love Julie Kagawa and the world she's created for us. So many times with the second book in a series like this, things get lost and the characters are missing that magic from the first book. So not the case here. This book was jam-packed with adventure, from beginning to end. Seriously, so much happens. There are some startling revelations, and a few other revelations that shouldn't have really surprised anyone but I still found myself a little taken aback by them.

There are a couple of unlikely allies in this book (didn't see it coming, but I'm very glad), as well as all of Meghan's old friends. I was glad to see Grim back, and Puck all healed up. You get to meet Ash's family up close and personal, and maybe understand a little bit of why he is so cold sometimes. There is also a new and faceless enemy lurking in The Iron Kingdom, not to mention strange dreams of Machina and the ongoing battle with Ash's sense of duty to his Queen. There are so many things I could say, but I really don't want to give anything away!

Bottom line, if you liked The Iron King, you're going to love The Iron Daughter so much more. And if you haven't read the first one, seriously, get on it! There's still time. I read my e-copy of this book literally the same day I got it. If me sitting at the computer pouring over an entire novel in a matter of hours, in one sitting, doesn't tell you how awesome this book is, I don't know what will.

If you like this review, check out some of my others on my blog.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

CaliGirlRae Awesome review! I hate reading at the computer but I was only too happy to read this one on the screen. I even had a hard time stopping! Can't wait for The Iron Queen!