Liza's Reviews > American Subversive

American Subversive by David Goodwillie

Jun 30, 10

bookshelves: giveaway-entries, library-loans, 2010
Read from June 26 to 30, 2010

From the very beginning of this story, Goodwillie catches his readers up in a sense of intrigue and secrecy, at the heart of which are real human characters. The distinguishing element of this novel, for me, is the honesty with which it seems to be written. Goodwillie seems to reveal essential truths about what it is to be human, to be emotionally driven, to be idealistic, and to discover love through respect. Furthermore, this books presents a subtle commentary throughout on what it means to be an American, what America stands for and should represent.

For all its theoretical, reflective and intellectually stimulating content, American Subversive tells a whopping good story. It is engaging, entertaining and well-crafted. The narrative construction is original and well-suited to the story presented.

I loved this book, and I loved it more for how unexpectedly great it was in so many little ways. I would recommend this to everyone!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Subversive.