DarienMoya's Reviews > With Caution

With Caution by J.L. Langley

Apr 10, 2010

bookshelves: my-m-m-lovin, 2010-reads, fave-books-of-2010, gay-wolves-shifters, favorites, fave-m-m-characters
Read from May 27 to 29, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

^^NO CAUTION NEEDED!^^

I love this series, its super sexy, nose bleed sweet and just downright sinful. I love these wolves who find their mates in the same sex, nothing says hot like two men falling in love. Where the second book in the series was pretty much fluff, this one had a darker tone and a tough as nails alpha. I wanna eat him up like some doggie chow. I am excited and waiting impatiently for the next chapter in this deeply addictive series.

THE RUNDOWN- We met Remi in Without Reservations and he was a big douche, a homophobic Ahole so of course you are excited to see him end up with a guy, talk about irony for ya. Well Remi was attacked and almost killed and he had to be turned into a wolf. Lets say this came as a shock and now he is learning to control his wolfy feelings. His wolfy feelings is giving him all kinds of activity in his pants when it comes to dark and handsome Jake, but he can’t be gay, never having feelings for a man before its kind of freaking him out. Well things aren’t as they seem, Remi has a past he can’t remember and a father who just might end up killing him. Its his love for Jake that will unlock secrets and make his face his fears.

Remi- Is such a sweet character but he hides behind this tough as nails façade. He lives to protect the one person dearest to his and that’s his brother Sterling, to protect someone from the person who should love you most can be tiring. Remi has to come to terms with having feelings for Jake because he has been taught all his life that liking men is bad, but he can’t help wanting to sink his teeth into Jake a man he is becoming to trust with his life and one who stolen his heart.

Jake- He knows Remi is his mate but he doesn’t want to scare him by unleashing all his passion, plus he is sure that Remi is not gay. Well he has his doubts because when he touches him Remi all but melts in his arms. The relationship is proving difficult when an unwelcome part keeps causing problems for them. When Jake is hired by Remi to bring someone down, the truths leads to a shocking revelation and proves why Remi is the way he is. Jake is all man and he is a bit of a Dom and it just works for him, plus he is the ultimate alpha male, all protective and sexy.

PLOT- Its basically a love story with some angst, Remi has some family issues that need ton be dealth with. There is also a bit of mystery, Remi has some unsettling memories and they come back to haunt him. Plus Remi finds out how he fits into the pack, when out of nowhere everyone wants him.

FEELINGS- Love this series so much, this book was super sweet and sexy. The sex was hot and I love Remi and Jake together. There is a Dom/sub type thing to their relarionship but it does not overshadow all that is sexy about this book. Can I say how much I love Remi, he annoyed me when we met him in the previous book, but you come to understand why and you can’t blame him. Jake is perfect for him, and they are perfect together. Plus we get a sneak peek of Sterling and Rhys and I am feckin excited for their book. I love this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With Caution.

05/28/2010 page 138
47.26% "This is so freakin good. i love Jake and Remi. I think D/s is my new addiction."
05/29/2010 page 211
72.26% "This is my fave. I am really liking the "sir" stuff. M/M loving is my pyrocant." 1 comment

Rossy Fantastic review, Darien!

DarienMoya Thanks Rossy!

message 3: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Awesome review D, as always. Sounds like Remi changed. Actually this book sounds good to me. Well better than sugar sweet Without Rez. I'm liking the Dom/sub angle, sounds hot.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review!

I cannot wait for Sterling's story!

DarienMoya Buggy wrote: "Awesome review D, as always. Sounds like Remi changed. Actually this book sounds good to me. Well better than sugar sweet Without Rez. I'm liking the Dom/sub angle, sounds hot."

Bugster it was hot, and Remi you get to know why he was such an Ahole and you understand him.

DarienMoya Eyre wrote: "Great review!

I cannot wait for Sterling's story!"

Thanks Eyre.

I am losing my pants for Sterling and Rhys, I read some of her short stories for them on the authors website and it is SEXY!