Tina's Reviews > Queen of Babble in the Big City

1420355
Apr 16, 10

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read from April 10 to 11, 2010

Not as good as Queen of Babble (#1), but still very enjoyable. Should be at least 3.5 stars.

Yeahs ::

* Same fun writing. Although, I didn't find myself laughing as much as I did with the first book in this series.
* All these vintage clothing and wedding dress refurbishing talk has me missing my sewing machine. This series has me tailoring my shirts that just sit in my closet because they fit funny.
* Shari's story twist. Saw this coming, but it was still a little shocker.
* Like the new character additions, courtesy of Lizzie's two employment places.
* Good cliffhanger with Lizzie's love life.

Nays ::

* No romance or much focus on it for Lizzie.
* Lizzie spent a lot of time fantasizing over her wedding with Luke. They've only been dating for 2 months and they never see each other. He hasn't even talked about marriage. It was a little pathetic.
* I missed the sweet Luke from the first book. He does a 180 (when he does show face). Is that to show that he was a sweetheart only on vacation, but now they are back in the real world? Or did the author just change him for the hell of it? Doesn't matter, I didn't like how this new Luke is portrayed.
* Not digging where Lizzie and ?'s relationship is going. Never thought of ? that way. Things can get awkward fast.

Plot 4 stars
Drama / Romance ratio 80:20
Ending 4 stars
Good enough to pick up again 3 stars
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Babble in the Big City.