Austen's Reviews > The Sin Within Her Smile

May 15, 10

bookshelves: mystery
Recommended for: Lovers of Lovejoy Mysteries
Read from April 10 to May 15, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

As usual, an enjoyable run with Lovejoy and his antique antics. The trip with the 'travvies' could have been shortened by a few chapters without too much problem. Although, it did give him an opportunity to show his divvy skills along the road.

Gash's style of writing - especially to someone who is not used to or immersed in Britain's various dialects and mannerisms of speech - made it a bit difficult to plunge into, and did take some effort to finish this time around.

Still enjoy the characters that Lovejoy encounters (puts up with) and always love to hear that divvy 'bell/gong' go off in his chest when confronted with a genuine antique.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sin Within Her Smile.

04/10/2010 page 42
04/28/2010 page 129 "Try to choose between a woman and antiques. I mean, a woman has a sin within her smile. But so do antiques. Find one, you've found sin."
05/05/2010 page 157 ""God give me strength." Some criminals should never turn to crime. Honesty's easier."
05/09/2010 page 165 ""A teapot?" He still hadn't got it. "How can you tell?"
After a pause, I said, "I'm a good guesser, Ianto.""
05/12/2010 page 200 ""A teapot?" He still hadn't got it. "How can you tell?"
After a pause, I said, "I'm a good guesser, Ianto.""
05/13/2010 page 210 "Mynadd Mal in all its glory. Ten thousand people, maybe plenty more, sprawled in one vast camp... "God almighty!" I said."
show 1 hidden update…

Austen "One thing I hate is this plural women use. Posessions: they talk singular, I, me, all that. Problems: they switch to the plural, what're _we_ going to do." - Lovejoy