Shawna's Reviews > The Dangerous Viscount

The Dangerous Viscount by Miranda Neville

3 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

This was just an okay read for me, mainly because I didn't really care at all for the H/h or feel any connection between them. They both acted rather immature, petty, selfish, jealous, and spiteful in some fashion or another for most of the book. I liked the idea of a virgin scholar hero, but Sebastian, Viscount Iverley's insecurity about women over his somewhat nerdy, bookish personality was annoying and unattractive. And Sebastian's juvenile, bitter rivalry with his nemesis, his jerk cousin Lord Blakeney, that included resorting to mean-spirited revenge against the heroine, was exasperating at times. Even though the H/h declared themselves in the end, I still didn't feel the love between them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dangerous Viscount.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Excellent review, Shawna! It's so, so hard to enjoy a book, to really get into it, when you're not able to believe in the H/h as people. For me to really get excited about a story, I need to become invested in the characters as if they could be real life friends and family.

Shawna Thanks, UM! Me too, and unfortunately, I didn't feel a connection at all between the H/h in this.

message 3: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Great Review Shawna! *pushes book off wishlist*

Shawna Thanks, Rane! I was looking forward to reading about a virgin beta hero, but Sebastian's vengeful attitude was a total turn off for me. And I didn't really care about the heroine either.

I didn't realize that it's a sequel to The Wild Marquis, so perhaps I was missing something and would have enjoyed it more had I read that first.

Janet I'm not sure I thought his "revenge" was all that mean-spirited. To me it was more "what was sauce for the goose was sauce for the gander". The heroine was deeper and more thoughtful than first appearances revealed so I did feel the ultimate connection between the H/h, two people who were less shallow than the normal aristocratic couple. For me, this book was more enjoyable that The Wild Marquis ... it actually made me want to go back and re-read TWM to pick up more hints about the men's Burgundy book club.