Delia's Reviews > Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze

Apr 11, 10

Read from April 09 to 11, 2010

His wife and son are dead. His faith is gone. Nothing is left for Crossroads Crisis Center owner Benjamin Brandt. Crossroads was Susan’s dream, she just didn’t live long enough to see it fully realized. Ben can’t bear to be a part of it without her.

Then a mysterious woman shows up at the center. She’s bruised and broken from a severe beating. She has no memory, no identity, and no belongings—except a face that could pass for Ben’s dead wife, Susan’s necklace…and a strong, unwavering faith in God.

Someone wants this woman dead. When Ben steps in to help her, their investigation increasingly reveals a connection between the newcomer and Susan. It also places both her and Ben in deadly peril. At least one unknown person is willing to kill to keep them from uncovering answers.

Ben has no faith, but the stranger has enough to carry him. She has no identity, but Ben knows exactly who he is, and he believes in her. It seems their hearts may be on the mend, perhaps even meant to be together. But will they live long enough to let their battered hearts heal? Does their burgeoning love stand a chance when renewed memories reveal the horrifying truth about Susan’s death?

Forget Me Not is packed with dynamic action, heart-stirring emotions, hurting hearts and healing faith. On the premise that “even when we forget who we are, at core level we remember whose we are,” the author paints a vivid picture of lives tainted by abuse, tragedy and hurt, yet unequivocally loved and guided by a God Who sees, knows and cares.

This is Vicki Hinze’s first book of Christian fiction. She did it right.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forget Me Not.