Torzilla's Reviews > Karma Bites

Aug 09, 10

bookshelves: arc, reviewed, read-in-2010
Read from July 17 to August 09, 2010

3.5/5 Stars

KARMA BITES is a well written, engaging story. I thought that Franny was extremely sophisticated for a middle schooler (I mean, really, I NEVER thought of some of the things that crossed her mind when I was that age). She actually seemed to be the only one who actually used her brain in the entire book. All the other kids tended to obsess over their social standings and her mother was some scatter brained author. Her granny was the only other truly memorable character that I enjoyed.

This book reminded me just how cruel younger kids can be.... even the ones who remain 'neutral.' I loved how the authors portrayed this aspect, and revealed through the story just how petty those social standings are.

The only problem I really had with KARMA BITES was the language some of the characters used. I thought that it was a bit corny at times, but I think it fit perfectly for the age group who would be reading this. Maybe it didn't work for me, but I think a lot of younger kids will love it.

If you enjoy middle grade books, I'm going to assume you'll love this one. Even though this book clearly caters to a younger audience, I couldn't help but grow more and more invested with the story line.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Karma Bites.