Lise's Reviews > Heat Wave

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

1927983
Apr 10, 10

bookshelves: library
Recommended for: fans of the tv show
Read from April 09 to 10, 2010

Not at all bad for a TV tie in. Actually, the best thing about the book is the idea of the book itself.

I very much enjoy the show Castle. It's definitely a comedy, and it's cheesy, and it's very clearly not intended to be taken seriously at all. The main conceit of the show is that the tremendously popular (rock star popular) Castle is riding along with the homicide detective Beckett in order to do background research for his novels about Nikki Heat, homicide detective. Heat Wave is the book which Castle writes during season one.

Half the fun of the book is seeing the relationships between the characters and situations within the book and those in the show. They're not the same characters, but they are very similar. Law suit similar, I'd expect. No composite characters here.

The book itself is moderately entertaining, the writing is a bit florid, but true to the portrayal of the character Castle. Can't really give it more than two stars as a book, but I'll probably watch for the next one in the library this September.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Wave.