Izzy Ringer's Reviews > Peter and the Secret of Rundoon

Peter and the Secret of Rundoon by Dave Barry

Apr 08, 10

bookshelves: ir

Peter and the Secret of Rundoon is the third book in the Peter and the Starcatchers series and most likely the last! Most expect the third book to be a boring jumble of predictable events, but that is far from the truth. The third book was just as engaging and fun as the others! In this book, Peter finds himself traveling to the place he was supposed to be brought to from the very start to be sold as a slave. We should all thank Captain Hook for invading the ship which was leading Peter to his doom... Even though Peter's doom is in Captain Hook's best interest! Molly and Peter face far larger troubles than before and will need all of their willpower to solve this tornado of a disaster.

I would compare this book to the second book, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, in the Hunger Games. I would compare these two books because they both have a similar desert-y setting and a seemingly impossible challenge that needs solving. Both main characters have a lot on their plates and have even more problems showing up.

I gave this book five stars because the authors didn't falter one tiny bit considering this was the third book in a series! Normally series have boring moments or lose the readers interest after there are more than two books but with these novels it seems that it almost just gets better and better. I enjoyed this book very much and sincerely hope they write more in the future! I'd recommend this book to people who like endless adventures and people who like questioning Disney movies... since this book is pretty much about why Peter Pan is Peter Pan

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Secret of Rundoon.