Lori's Reviews > The Cat, The Quilt And The Corpse

The Cat, The Quilt And The Corpse by Leann Sweeney

Dec 15, 10

bookshelves: mystery, cat-mysteries
Read in December, 2010

At first I didn't think I would like this book. It is written in the first person, and I've had a lot of bad luck with books written like that and the drama it dumps on the reader. But this book didn't do that. Jillian Hart is a crafter and cat-lover, two things that give her a plus in my book. If fact, she cares more for the cats in trouble than the person murdered. Another plus from me.

The characters around her good too, from her first friend Candace, the female police officer with a gung-ho attitude toward evidence gathering, to Lydia, the former pageant queen who is also the cornerer's assistant who has eyes for Tom, the security expert, PI and former police officer who is more interested in Jillian.

It's set in another small Southern town, this time in South Carolina, but the town folk are quirky in an interesting way. I really enjoyed this book, and can't wait to get my hands on the next one. It's a new series, with only one other one out, and a third due in 2011. Get in on this series early, while you can!
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat, The Quilt And The Corpse.

09/05/2010 page 33