Molly's Reviews > She Walks in Beauty

Apr 08, 10

Recommended to Molly by: CFBA
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in April, 2010 — I own a copy

Though certainly not Ms. Mitchell's debut novel, She Walks in Beauty is a debut for me, as this is the first book by Siri Mitchell that I have had the pleasure of reading. I have always heard wonderful things of the works of Siri Mitchell, so when the opportunity arose to review one of her books, I jumped on it. I am so glad I did as this 5 star novel did not disappoint!

Set in the 1800's during the Gilded Age, Siri captured me immediately, talking about visiting costumes and seasons of life. This story transported me back in to time and I was there beside Clara, learning to waltz for the dances at the balls and the fancy clothing worn to the banquets and the operas. My heart truly went out to Clara, when all she wanted was to be seen for her beauty, not just on the outside but her beauty within. An added bonus to this amazingly written and researched book was the historical dialect!

This story is the perfect combination of romance, faith in God, suspense and humor. It truly has something in it for everyone and I recommend that all of you grab a copy and read it for yourself...you'll soon be transported back into an era of life that is absolutely beautiful and amazing! Highly recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She Walks in Beauty.