Larissa's Reviews > I Am Not Esther

I Am Not Esther by Fleur Beale

Jun 08, 10

bookshelves: larissa-grade-8-ir-books-nicole

EXTRA - CREDIT

I Am Not Esther is about a teenager who is thrusted into a hisitic family. Her mother is unstable and needs guidance, she is sent to the hospital but tells Esther that she is doing beneficial work in Africa. Esther must endure the religion which her mother once ran away from. In the care of Isaac, her uncle, she must follow the rules of his household. Certain things are not to be mentioned, and religion must be preserved and most of all, God must be worshiped.

While reading through this compelling piece, I came wrote a text-to-world connection. In religious families, there will always be an individual who is an outsider. One who does not abide by the rules, nor sing the prayers out of the depths of heart. That one will be an outcast, or and questioned upon. Life is not made easy for the infidel.

I would utmost give this book 5 stars. I was an educational read that grasped my interest right away. I would recommend it for student, teens, individuals who question religion, and people who enjoy a captivating read. I would also advise people who liked this book to read more stories by: Fluer Beale, visit your local library and pick up a couple of books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Not Esther.