Kaleigha's Reviews > Darkness Everlasting

Darkness Everlasting by Alexandra Ivy

Apr 21, 10

Let me start out by saying I love Styx. Love him. Want him for myself.

Ok, got that over with. I put off reading Alexandra Ivy for a while, I guess she just got lost in the shuffle of all the authors I try to keep up with. And that is too bad, because Guardians of Eternity is a very, very good series. This time around, we get the story of Styx and Darcy(did I mention that I love Styx?)

Styx is the most powerful, most feared vampire of all. Recently ascending to King, his duties weight heavily on him. After a lifetime of austere, almost Monk-like living, Styx has little in the way of softness, or emotion. He protects his people, at all costs, guarded by his lethal Ravens. When the upstart King of the Weres begins to cause problems that could lead to outright war, Styx decides to take matters into his own hands. By finding the woman that the were has been hunting for first, Styx will have a bargaining tool to use to bring the potential enemy to heel. While that may seem like a simple plan, the reality is far from it. Finding the human woman is easy...giving her up will be the hard part.

Darcy knows she is different. A freak. Tossed from foster home to foster home because of her differences, she has never quite fit anywhere. Life is struggling to survive, while working towards something better. But her life is turned upside down with the appearance of one huge, Aztec God-like kidnapper. Even though she knows she should be afraid, especially when she learns that vampires and weres and demons really do exist, with Styx she feels a safety, a connection, and a sense of home she has never felt before.

Even though Styx has always done his duty, he knows that giving Darcy up is something he can never do. The small, seemingly human woman makes him feel again, which is both a blessing and a curse to one as powerful as he. But how can he stand in the way of her finding out about herself, finding her family, even if that family is the enemy?

Styx makes a hell of a leading man. He is completely lethal, cold and controlled...in regards to everything and everyone except Darcy. And even though Darcy has always been on the outside, she doesn't turn bitter or shrill. Her kindness and sympathy balance the fierceness and power of Styx. Even though they have an explosive attraction right from the start, you can feel the emotions driving them. Neither quite knows what they are doing, but both are determined to be together.

Of the first three books in this series, I found this one to be the best. And since I have already read the last book in the series first, it was nice to get an introduction to the king of the weres, Salvatore (even though he was not always shown in the most flattering of light). Viper is once again in fine form, supporting Styx as not only a subject but as his friend. The Ravens continue to catch my attention, and I have high hopes for more from them. I was very happy with this installment in the series. And I still love Styx.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Everlasting.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♡♥Ang ♥♡ Awesome review!!
I am reading this book At the moment and I am loving it:)
I was super excited that Viper and Levet turned up ( love viper) and I am starting to realy like Styx