Faith's Reviews > Acts of Faith: The Story of an American Muslim, the Struggle for the Soul of a Generation

Acts of Faith by Eboo Patel

Apr 08, 10

bookshelves: religion, social-policy
Read in April, 2010

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK! Not only is the building of a movement for religious pluralism (which includes atheists and agnostics) of the highest importance, but the story of Eboo's journey is incredibly entertaining, inspiring, and familiar. This book is for any young person learning to make sense of his/herself and the incredibly diverse world we live in without settling for easy answers, complacency, or a defensive and reactionary world-view. Eboo points to a way that we can all love and appreciate each other while working for positive change and making our lives more meaningful. Each point is illustrated with quotes and ideas from religious leaders, sacred texts, social activists, and peace makers from throughout human history.

If you, or anyone you know is trying to wrestle with the cultures/traditions they come from while engaging in the broader, global community, this is a MUST READ.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acts of Faith.