khcpl teen scene's Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Apr 08, 2010

bookshelves: teen-book-reviews-2010
Recommended for: science fiction fans, horror fans, zombie fans, action adventure fans
Read on April 08, 2010

Gabry lives in the protected town of Vista with her mother, Mary. She has always known safety in her small quiet town until one night when she and some of her friends decide to cross the barrier that protects Vista from the Mudo, the walking dead, on the outside. Although Gabry doesn’t want to cross the barrier she goes anyway to win the love of her best friend’s brother, Catcher. Only things don’t turn out as the teens expect, and when tragedy strikes, Gabry would give anything to go back to that moment before she crossed the barrier.

This sequel to The Forest of Hands and Teeth was exciting and action packed. There were times when my heart was racing because I didn’t know what would happen next. This book was so unpredictable, the narrator so indecisive that I had no clue where the book would take me next. I liked Gabry, but felt that she needed to reevaluate some of the choices she has made. She finds herself facing danger around every turn as her once quiet and safe life unravels around her. But it is her decision making (whether good or bad) that makes this novel such an unpredictable delight.

Cautions for sensitive readers: There is quite a bit of violence in this book. There is no language or sex.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.