Kat's Reviews > The Wright 3

F_50x66
Apr 13, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, ya
Read from April 08 to 12, 2010

I really wish I could give this book a higher rating. It's got illustrations by Brett Helquist (probably best known for his work in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events), and discussion of many awesome educational things, including Fibonacci numbers, Wells' The Invisible Man, and of course, Frank Lloyd Wright. I can't express enough love for YA/kids' books that teach vocabulary and concepts along with providing a good story.

That being said, the book started off a bit slow (perhaps I wouldn't feel this way had I read Chasing Vermeer first, which I'll be picking up from the library as soon as possible), especially for a YA/kids' book. It definitely picked up and hooked me, but a slow start is a turnoff in a short book. The larger problem is that there wasn't a lot of resolution. The event that starts the book is never explained, and there are some other weird occurrences throughout that are forgotten by the end.

All in all, the good outweighs the bad for me, especially if you want to learn a little more about Wright and Fibonacci numbers with a fun mystery attached.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wright 3.