Carrie's Reviews > Cheaper by the Dozen

Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth Jr.

Apr 14, 10

Read from April 08 to 14, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Ugh…this wasn’t my kind of book. I have never fallen asleep more when reading a story as I did with this one. At times I really didn’t think I could finish it…and it was only 207 pages! It had cute stories here and there but I also thought they were grasping to make the stories more interesting. I’m sure Mr. Gilbreth was a fun father but when he made all his children get their tonsils removed only because he wanted to film it…that is when I began to think there was something really wrong with the man. I also hated the fact that all their needs were met while he was alive; rich with cooks, servants and gifts. It wasn’t until he died that the family began to know life with “some” struggle. I was unimpressed that someone as “smart” as him wouldn’t have saved a ton to take care of his family when he died. And he even knew he was going to! The doctor had been telling him for years! And him donating his brain to Harvard??? What does that say? Come on! By reading this book I learned one important thing…my husband needs to write his childhood down because his stories of being a poor GA boy stuffed in a single wide trailer with seven others is a lot more interesting than a bunch of rich kids with their own bedrooms.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheaper by the Dozen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nivette lol now I'm afraid to read it. I've got it coming to me through paperbackswap.com, so looks like I'll be passing it on as soon as I'm done. We'll see :)

Carrie Don't let my review scare you! Most like it, I just couldn't get into it. I'm a darker reader. Good luck! :)