Shawna Williams's Reviews > It's Not About Him

It's Not About Him by Michelle Sutton

Apr 07, 10

It's Not About Him by Michelle Sutton picks up with two of the characters we were introduced to in Michelle's YA novel, It's Not About Me.

Both Jeff and Susie are young, struggling Christians with serious issues to face. Susie, who is pregnant when the story begins, has decided to give her baby up for adoption. Jeff, though not the father, wants to take care of Susie and her baby. Having been given up for adoption himself, and plagued with his need to know why, he believes that Susie is making the wrong choice. In the midst of this conflict is a burgeoning romance.

There's not a subject this book doesn't approach. Alcoholism, rape, sexual temptation, death; Michelle takes on each of these, and shows how her characters overcome their pain and temptation with God's help.

My favorite part about this book was the completeness of the journey, starting with Susie's decision to give up her baby, and ending with the resolution Jeff finds at the book's conclusion. I don't want to give anymore away than that.

Next fall the third book in the It's Not About series comes out and it picks up with Tony. I'm glad, because I like and sympathize with his character, and look forward to seeing him conquer his struggles through Christ.
Good job, Michelle!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not About Him.