Jill's Reviews > Her Last Chance

Her Last Chance by Michele Albert

Apr 07, 10

bookshelves: reviewed

I received this book from Pocket Books as part of the Pocket Books Blog Tour. It is the second book in a series. I had not read the first one and that did not hinder my enjoyment of this one in any way.

Both Claudia and Vincent were very strong characters who are both working on finding the thieves responsible for stealing artwork from galleries and stores. Vincent is a member of the FBI's art crime unit and Claudia works for a private company. While they seem to hate each other at first they find that by working together they are able to put together the pieces more efficiently, and of course it gives them a chance to explore the attraction they feel for one another!

The mystery elements of this book were well done and the thieves responsible for the crimes slowly become more clear. As they investigate further they find out motives they hadn't even imagined. In the background of this story are also other members of Avalon. I think the one couple were probably the focus of book 1 of the Avalon series and I have an idea who will be featured in the second one but I guess I will have to wait and see.

I was unfamiliar with Michele Albert prior to reading this book but I am glad that I have discovered her work. My TBR list just keeps on growing!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Last Chance.