Kristy's Reviews > Thirteen Reasons Why

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Jul 20, 10

bookshelves: i-think-you-should-read-this
Read from July 19 to 20, 2010

4.5 Stars. The only reason this one is not getting five stars is because the formating of it was a little bit difficult to read at times. Bouncing back and forth between Clay and tape version Hannah made it hard to decipher who was talking, thank God they italicized the tape or it could have gotten messy.
Anyways, this is just a sad but wonderful story. My heart aches for this girl (and Clay too). I would hate to have to constantly wonder "If I had only _______, would she not have killed herself". This story just moves my soul, mainly becuase it could happen and it does happen everday. Suicide is such an ugly word and this book alone should make us all strive to be better to one another. Being popular or funny at the sake of someone else is not worth it. Kindess might have saved this girls life, kindess and trying hard to develop a friendship. Sometimes people are just messed up, but maybe the point is that we shouldn't give up on anybody?!?!?!? Everyone matters. I don't want to be one of anyone's "13 reasons why".

Sidenote: I think everyone should read this book!!!!!
And, be nice people!!!

07/19/2010 page 50
07/20/2010 page 200
69.0% "I can't put this down... must finish tonight!!!!!" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michael (Tattoogirl Reads) This book is so amazing and sad.

Kristy I'm almost scared to read it... but, it just sounds too good to pass up.

message 3: by Michael (Tattoogirl Reads) (last edited Apr 08, 2010 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michael (Tattoogirl Reads) I has some hope towards the end. I read it in a day. It really is like a train wreck all through it. You feel like you can't tear your eyes away from it.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim I like this a lot.

Megan This was such a good book ~ very hard to put down!

Arlene Great review! This book was amazing IMO. It really moved me.

Oh! and your comment about not ever wanting to be someone's 13 reasons why... 100% agree!

message 7: by Morgan (last edited Oct 04, 2010 02:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Morgan F I read this book for the first time on Christmas. We went out to dinner, and here I am shoveling cheese cake into my mouth, while simultaneously reading furiously under the table.

Arlene LOL Morgan!

This book had me hooked too.

Morgan F *nods* It's quite compelling. I don't like Hannah, or what she did, but the narrative was really quite creative. I loved it.

Kristy Definitely in my top 10 Young Adult Books!!!