Nancy's Reviews > The Science of Mind

F_50x66
Aug 11, 12

bookshelves: never-finished
Read from April 07 to May 06, 2010

I subscribe to "Science of Mind" magazine and really like the philosophy of the reilgion founded by Ernest Holmes. However, I could not finish his classic book. His use of Spirit, Soul, Subconscious, Conscious, Mind, etc. only boggled my mind. So, I gave up on reading it. Will have to content myself with articles of his that appear in the magazine and clearer interpretations of others as to his beliefs.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Science of Mind.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

James I am also a subscriber and reader of the monthly Science of Mind magazine. Did you know every issue can be downloadedin PDF via the website and read on smart devices?

Nancy I did NOT know that. Thanks for the info.

James Nancy - try Thomas Troward's The Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science first, then Holmes's tome. It will be quite helpful, as well as read Holmes a few paragraphs or pages at a time. This strategy has served me well through my PhD studies and may prove beneficial. Happy Halloween!

Nancy Thomas Troward is a name that has come up a bit in my meanderings through various literature. I will check it out. thanks

Nancy Jimmy wrote: "Ernest Holmes is on Youtube giving some lectures. You may find it interesting."

thank you Jimmy I will check it out. I am now working of becoming a vegan. It just feels like the next step on this spiritual journey.