Liz B's Reviews > Dancing In The Moonlight

Apr 07, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: romance, ebook
Read from March 31 to April 01, 2010

This was another free e-book from Amazon, and I thought it was pretty darn good. It's brilliant of Harlequin/ Silhouette to offer these free e-books; I rarely categories, and I almost never actually buy them retail--maybe once or twice prior to getting my e-reader. Occasionally I'll pick one up used. But a category is a perfect e-book purchase for me. Something short like that seems to suit my Kindle reading--I tend to wear out on longer books. And just as important--the price really hits a sweet spot for me. They run about 3.50--or less--in the Kindle editiohn, so when I'm thinking, "Hm...should I get this book?," I'm keeping in mind that it's less than the cost of a cup of coffee and a muffin.

OK, now about this actual book--it was a pleasure to read. Very tightly plotted--almost immediately we find out that Magdalena and Jake have a history, that he's an overworked small-town doctor, and that she's an amputee back from service in Iraq. With the backstory established, the author was able to spend the rest of her time making the developing romance convincing. The chemistry between the MCs was strong, and I really liked the fact that Jake was the centered, calm one in the relationship.

This book is absolutely perfect for what it is: light, fast reading, the text equivalent (for me) of watching Dancing With the Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing In The Moonlight.