Alyssa's Reviews > Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

Mar 16, 11

bookshelves: great-books, great-realistic-fiction, ya-loved, 2010-read, emotional
Read on April 07, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac.

Quotes Alyssa Liked

Gabrielle Zevin
“You forget all of it anyway. . . You forget who was cool and who was not, who was pretty, smart, athletic, and not. . . You forget all of them. Even the ones you said you loved, and even the ones you actually did. They’re the last to go. And then once you’ve forgotten enough, you love someone else.”
Gabrielle Zevin, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

Gabrielle Zevin
“You forget all of it anyway. First, you forget everything you learned-the dates of the Hay-Herran Treaty and Pythagorean Theorem. You especially forget everything you didn't really learn, but just memorized the night before. You forget the names of all but one or two of your teachers, and eventually you'll forget those, too. You forget your junior class schedule and where you used to sit and your best friend's home phone number and the lyrics to that song you must have played a million times. For me, it was something by Simon & Garfunkel. Who knows what it will be for you? And eventually, but slowly, oh so slowly, you forget your humiliations-even the ones that seemed indelible just fade away. You forget who was cool and who was not, who was pretty, smart, athletic, and not. Who went to a good college. Who threw the best parties Who could get you pot. You forget all of them. Even the ones you said you loved, and even the ones you actually did. They're the last to go. And then once you've forgotten enough, you love someone else.”
Gabrielle Zevin, Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

04/08/2010 page 75
04/10/2010 page 179
66.05% "But I wondered if all this kissing was a bad habit with me and him. The thing we did with our mouths instead of talking."