Anja's Reviews > Finding the Lost

Finding the Lost by Shannon K. Butcher

Mar 14, 15

bookshelves: c, w-az
Read from July 24 to 27, 2010

I LOVE the world and its problems that the author has created. It is so layered and there are so many things happening. I was compelled to keep reading once Nika was introduced. Need her book NOW.

The book has a smoother opening than the first one, thanks in part to the multiple points of view being kept to a minimum until later in the story. They also were integrated into the story better.

The romance still developed over a short time but in this book it felt like there was more emotional connection between the leads.

Andra is more like the tough, warrior woman that a lot of readers expect from their PNR females than Helen was. She still didn’t ask enough questions to my mind.

I don’t know how easy it would be for someone new to the series to begin on this book. There never seemed to be any info dumping or even explanations about how things worked. That was nice for me since I read the first two books back to back but I wonder if someone new would be very confused.

Authors that end books on cliff hangers should be hand-cuffed to their keyboard so they are forced to write quicker. Luckily, the third book is available but if I read it I will be climbing the walls until Madoc’s book is released in 3 months. I think I’ll wait a smidge.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Madoc. And Nika. Hurry November.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding the Lost.