Anja's Reviews > Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage

liked it
bookshelves: c, w-az
Read from October 02 to 06, 2010

Huh.

The narrative was repetitive. The story bored me.

There was no tension in the relationship. Mac and Isabella went from not speaking at all for 3.5 years and Isabella leaving a room Mac entered to not only having conversations but getting physical with each other within the first few chapters. At the halfway point, there seemed nothing left to the story.

Mac was emasculated to turn him into a proper hero.

The mystery was absurd but at least held to the background until the last 10%.

The epilogue added nothing and was tiresome.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage.

Catherine I was pretty disappointed with this book. I expected a lot more tension and emotion. The friendly way they acted throughout the book made me really confused as to why she couldn't stand to be around him for all these years.

Anja That's it exactly. I didn't understand how they were able to be friendly to each other so quickly if they had avoided each other for so long. Mac never even said her name aloud and Isabella would change hotels. Next thing I know they are shacking up and shagging.

I hated the last bit where even Mac told himself he wasn't baring his soul enough. No, thank you. Put it away.

Catherine I know! I don't know about you, but when I'm hurt or angry I really don't want to touch the person that made me feel like that. I'm not one of those people who can put my unhappy feelings aside for sex.

I'm still interested in reading the next book, but I hope it's better. I loved the first, so I feel I need a tie breaker to see how I really feel about this series. I'm not going to keep reading just because I liked the first so much.

Ilze Your comments pretty much summed up my feelings about this book too.