Jenny Rebecca's Reviews > Patience

Patience by Lisa Valdez

Apr 07, 10

bookshelves: erotica-romantica, super-steamy, romance-novels
Read in April, 2010

I read "Passion" about 4 years ago, while searching for really good smutty romance. I immediately fell in love with it. After reading romance for almost 20 years, it's amazing to find a romance author that can surprise you, and surprise me Lisa Valdez did.

Yesterday, Lisa surprised me again.

I'm not a huge fan of the the dom/submissive genre. I can dip a toe in, but I get bored with the endless spankings, and the nipple clamps, and the 'shut up and do as I say'

I'd also read all the rumors of why it had taken so long for 'Patience' to come out. I was worried that it would be a watered down version of the very things I loved about 'Passion'. I expected same ole, same ole.

Yet, Lisa Valdez didn't fail me at all.

Yes, there is spanking, yes, there is language that would cause drunken sailors on leave to run for the soap to wash out your mouth, but it was handled in a way that was really...sexy. And oddly sweet.

To the point that when the Patience and Matthew actually have "Lisa Valdez 'Vanilla' Sex" (Lisa's vanilla sex is still about 3 steps above even your smuttiest of smut) I kind of missed all the stuff that had come before it.

I got to know Mark and Passion so well over the years, I've reread their book so many times, I will always think of them as the top and the best. Yet, I read "Patience" in one night, and blushed, and laughed, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

For all those out there that have eagerly been waiting for this book, and that includes all the women who were 'Outraged', and 'Made uncomfortable' by the graphic content of "Passion' yet, could still quote verbatim entire passages of the book. I think you'll enjoy this one too. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Patience.